When Beauty Met You


When Beauty Met You

For my Dragonide girl,

They say Aphrodite was the most beautiful woman the gods had ever seen.

I believe they simply lived too early to meet you.

For if the goddess of beauty herself stood before me, crowned in gold,

while you stood beside her wearing nothing but that quiet smile,

forgive me, my lady,

but Olympus would lose my attention.

Let poets praise Aphrodite.

Let kings carve her face into marble.

Let entire kingdoms kneel and call her divine.

I would still search every crowded hall for you.

Because Aphrodite may have taught the ancient world what beauty was,

but had those poets seen your eyes,

heard your laugh,

or watched the way you make an ordinary moment feel sacred,

they would have put down their pens.

For beauty may have once belonged to the gods..

— your little wolf

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Popular Items

When Beauty Met You

When I Think of Angels